8N9D Island of Hokkaido Winter
(Sapporo Snow Festival) Tour
Hokkaido 8 Night 9 Day Tour
1. Featured Arrangements:
❄❄❄ Island of Hokkaido Winter ❄❄❄
2018 Feb 7-15; Feb 11-19
Once in a lifetime trip for you to appreciate and celebrate the beauty of winter in Hokkaido: Watch the city of Sapporo transform into a winter wonderland at the Sapporo Snow Festival; Admire snow and ice sculptures lining the Odori Park; Be amazed at the Sounkyo Ice Waterfall Festival; See a dreamlike Fantasia Laser Lightshow in Shiretoko.
Unforgettable experiences await: Observe adorable penguins, polar bears, and other animals up close at the Asahiyama Zoo; Marvel at drift ice floating on the Okhotsk Sea from an icebreaker cruise and the Ryu-hyo Norokko train; Feel the chill in a -15c° room at the Okhotsk Ryu-hyo Museum; Hike in snowshoes; Dare to soak in an open air hot spring bath on the frozen lake of Shikaribetsu.
2. Luxury Accommodations:
Six night stay at luxury onsen hotels.
Room upgrades available featuring unique in-room private onsen. Contact us for availability.
3. Culinary Experiences:
Arranging great culinary experiences is a specialty we are very proud of. Before a restaurant is selected for our itinerary, our development team spends countless hours sampling dozens of restaurants for comparison. On this trip, you will have a chance to taste Hokkaido delicacies such as Hokkaido style ramen, chirashi from Washo Ichiba, lamb shabu shabu, Hokkaido Wagyu Beef, Shiretoko Chicken BBQ and much more.
If you purchase flight tickets with Japan Airlines to travel to Hokkaido, you must check out this special HAPPIRKA promotion
. Print or take a screenshot of the web page and take advantage of the various great deals and special offers while you are in Hokkaido!!!
||New Chitose Airport (CTS) → 1hr (29min) Sapporo
*Welcome to Japan! Our representative will meet you at the arrival area and escort to the hotel.
|Dinner: Hotel specialities
||Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel or Sapporo Park Hotel
||Sapporo → 1.5hrs (24mi) Otaru → 1.5hrs (24mi) Sapporo
*Sapporo: See Sapporo transform into a winter wonderland during the annual Snow Festival. Visit Odori Park and Suskino district and marvel at sculptures made of ice and snow.
*Otaru: Walk along Otaru Canal blanketed in snow and lights.
|3 Meals Including Lamb Shabu Shabu Lunch and Hokkaido Crab Feast Dinner
||Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel
||Sapporo → 2hrs (8.4mi) Asahikawa → 2hr (74mi) Sounkyo Onsen
*Asahikawa: Visit Asahikawa zoo, enjoy a close up view of adorable penguins and polar bears.
*Sounkyo Ice Waterfall Festival: Wander through frozen icefalls and caves, see the festival lit up.
|3 meals including Kaiseki Banquet Dinner
||Sounkyo Onsen → 3.5hrs (105mi) Abashiri → 20min (5mi) Lake Abashiri Onsen
*Abashiri: Icebreaker cruise- Feel the cruiser break through drift ice on the sea of Okhotsk
*Okhotsk Ryu-hyo Museum; Shiretoko Shari and Shiretoko world heritage conservation center.
|3 meals including Hokkaido Wagyu Beef and Shiretoko Chicken BBQ Lunch.
||Lake Abashiri Onsen → 1.5hrs (52mi) Shiretoko Onsen
Visit Abashiri Prison Museum: Shiretoko Shari and Shiretoko World Heritage Conservation Center.
Optional Activity is available: Shiretoko Drift Ice Walk (Fee not included.)
|3 Meals including Seafood rice bowl or Grilled Fish set Lunch
||Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel
||Shiretoko Onsen (Utoro) → 2.5hrs (27mi) Kawayu Onsen
*Furepe Waterfall: Try hiking with snowshoes while searching for animals tracks.
*Lake Kussharo: Whooper Swan watching at the lake.
*Mt. IO: Take a stroll around this active volcano and see beautiful white sulfurous steam emitting from the ground.
| 3 Meals including Beef stew Lunch and Kaiseki Dinner
||Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura
||Kawayu Onsen → 2hrs (58mi) Kushiro → 1.5hr (46mi)
In Kushiro, visit Washo Ichiba Market: See Red-Crowned Cane and visit the Tsurui-Ito Tancho Sanctuary or visit the Akan International Crane Center (depending weather conditions).
|3 Meals including Chirashi Seafood Bowl Lunch
||Akan → 2hrs (74mi) Obhirio → 1hr (35mi) Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen
*Outdoor activities on frozen lake Akan;
*Lake Shikaribetsu Ice Festival: For only two moths of the year, a village constructed purely of ice is found on the frozen lake.
|3 Meals including Tokachi local speciality lunch and Showa style Kaiseki Banquet Dinner
||Hotel Fusui Lake
||Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen → 2.5hrs (104mi) New Chitose Airport (CTS)|
*Please arrange your flight to depart from CTS after 2:00pm.
Island of Hokkaido
FEB 7~15 // FEB 11~19
- 2 nights stay in Sapporo (Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel)
- 1 night stay in Sounkyo (Hotel Taisetsu)
- 1 night stay in Lake Abashiri ( Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort)
- 1 night stay in Shiretoko Onsen (Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel)
- 1 night stay in Kawayu Onsen (Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura)
- 1 night stay in Lake Akan (Lake Akan Tsuruga Resort)
- 1 night stay in Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen (Hotel Fusui Lake Shikaribetsu)
- 23 meals (8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners)
- English-speaking guide service.
- A comprehensive travel insurance plan.
- High quality headsets provided to hear our tour guide's presentation clearly.
- Air transportation. Please ask your agent for the arrangement.
- Meals unless specified in an itinerary or notified by your agent.
- Optional Tours unless specified in an itinerary or notified by your agent.
- Personal expenses.
||1 Person: CAD 4899 // Single Room Charge: CAD $2300
|| -2 Night stay in Sapporo (Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel)
-1 Night stay in Sounkyo (Hotel Taisetsu)
- 1 Night stay in Lake Abashiri (Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort)
-1 Night stay in Shiretoko Onsen (Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel)
-1 Night stay in Kawayu Onsen (Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura)
-1 Night stay in Lake Akan (Lake Akan Tsuruga Resort)
-1 Night stay in Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen (Hotel Fusui Lake Shikaribetsu)
|No. of Days
||Breakfast: 8; Lunch: 7; Dinner: 8;
||Minimum no. of Participants
|50 days before departure date
49 days before departure date
|CAD376 Per Person
|48 Days before departure date -19days before departure date
||50% of total price
|18 Days before departure date
||100% of total price
- Prices are based on double occupancy per person rate.
- Room upgrades available featuring unique in-room private onsen. Limited to 2 rooms. (Four night upgrade: $1350. Contact us for availability).
Sounkyo: Hotel Taisetsu - Yukihana Room (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Lake Abashiri: Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort - Konoza Japanese and western-style room (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Lake Akan: Lake Akan Turuga Besso Hinanoza - Umi no Za Suite (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Kawayu: Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura - Lake View Room (no private onsen)
- Luggage shipment: On this tour, porterage service is only provided at Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort, Shiretoko Grand Hotel, and Kushiro ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- If your flight arrives after 6:00pm on the 1st Day, we will refund 3,000 JPY per person (adult or child) to cover the cost of dinner. Please arrange to have dinner on your own.
- Icebreaker Cruise--Weather may affect departure availability, itinerary is subject to change. Refund will be provided if we are unable to sail.
- Shiretoko Drift Ice Walk (fee not included): Change into a wet suit and have an once in a lifetime intimate experience on drift ice. Adult (ages 12 and over): 5100JPY/person; Chiledren (ages 12 and under): 2600JPY/person (Height: between 4.2ft-6.2ft, Weight: less than 242.5lb).Total activity time including changing and traveling: 90-120mins; actual experience time: 40-50mins depending on weather conditions.
- We guarantee departure days. However, should the total number of tour members fall below 10 persons, we reserves the right to change or cancel the tour.
- Please ask your agent for more information or details.
- Prices and availability are subject to change.