8N9D Island of Hokkaido Winter
(Sapporo Snow Festival) Tour
Hokkaido 8 Night 9 Day Tour
1. Featured Arrangements:
❄❄❄ Island of Hokkaido Winter ❄❄❄
2018 Feb 7-15; Feb 11-19
Once in a lifetime trip for you to appreciate and celebrate the beauty of winter in Hokkaido: Watch the city of Sapporo transform into a winter wonderland at the Sapporo Snow Festival; Admire snow and ice sculptures lining the Odori Park; Be amazed at the Sounkyo Ice Waterfall Festival; See a dreamlike Fantasia Laser Lightshow in Shiretoko.
Unforgettable experiences await: Observe adorable penguins, polar bears, and other animals up close at the Asahiyama Zoo; Marvel at drift ice floating on the Okhotsk Sea from an icebreaker cruise and the Ryu-hyo Norokko train; Feel the chill in a -15c° room at the Okhotsk Ryu-hyo Museum; Hike in snowshoes; Dare to soak in an open air hot spring bath on the frozen lake of Shikaribetsu.
2. Luxury Accommodations:
Six night stay at luxury onsen hotels.
Room upgrades available featuring unique in-room private onsen. Contact us for availability.
3. Culinary Experiences:
Arranging great culinary experiences is a specialty we are very proud of. Before a restaurant is selected for our itinerary, our development team spends countless hours sampling dozens of restaurants for comparison. On this trip, you will have a chance to taste Hokkaido delicacies such as Hokkaido style ramen, chirashi from Washo Ichiba, lamb shabu shabu, Hokkaido Wagyu Beef, Shiretoko Chicken BBQ and much more.
||New Chitose Airport (CTS) → 1hr (29min) Sapporo
*Welcome to Japan! Our representative will meet you at the arrival area and escort to the hotel.
|Dinner: Hotel specialities
||Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel or Sapporo Park Hotel
||Sapporo → 1.5hrs (24mi) Otaru → 1.5hrs (24mi) Sapporo
*Sapporo: See Sapporo transform into a winter wonderland during the annual Snow Festival. Visit Odori Park and Suskino district and marvel at sculptures made of ice and snow.
*Otaru: Walk along Otaru Canal blanketed in snow and lights.
|3 Meals Including Lamb Shabu Shabu Lunch and Hokkaido Crab Feast Dinner
||Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel
||Sapporo → 2hrs (8.4mi) Asahikawa → 2hr (74mi) Sounkyo Onsen
*Asahikawa: Visit Asahikawa zoo, enjoy a close up view of adorable penguins and polar bears.
*Sounkyo Ice Waterfall Festival: Wander through frozen icefalls and caves, see the festival lit up.
|3 meals including Kaiseki Banquet Dinner
||Sounkyo Onsen → 3.5hrs (105mi) Abashiri → 20min (5mi) Lake Abashiri Onsen
*Abashiri: Icebreaker cruise- Feel the cruiser break through drift ice on the sea of Okhotsk
*Okhotsk Ryu-hyo Museum; Shiretoko Shari and Shiretoko world heritage conservation center.
|3 meals including Hokkaido Wagyu Beef and Shiretoko Chicken BBQ Lunch.
||Lake Abashiri Onsen → 1.5hrs (52mi) Shiretoko Onsen
Visit Abashiri Prison Museum: Shiretoko Shari and Shiretoko World Heritage Conservation Center.
Optional Activity is available: Shiretoko Drift Ice Walk (Fee not included.)
|3 Meals including Seafood rice bowl or Grilled Fish set Lunch
||Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel
||Shiretoko Onsen (Utoro) → 2.5hrs (27mi) Kawayu Onsen
*Furepe Waterfall: Try hiking with snowshoes while searching for animals tracks.
*Lake Kussharo: Whooper Swan watching at the lake.
*Mt. IO: Take a stroll around this active volcano and see beautiful white sulfurous steam emitting from the ground.
| 3 Meals including Beef stew Lunch and Kaiseki Dinner
||Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura
||Kawayu Onsen → 2hrs (58mi) Kushiro → 1.5hr (46mi)
In Kushiro, visit Washo Ichiba Market: See Red-Crowned Cane and visit the Tsurui-Ito Tancho Sanctuary or visit the Akan International Crane Center (depending weather conditions).
|3 Meals including Chirashi Seafood Bowl Lunch
||Akan → 2hrs (74mi) Obhirio → 1hr (35mi) Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen
*Outdoor activities on frozen lake Akan;
*Lake Shikaribetsu Ice Festival: For only two moths of the year, a village constructed purely of ice is found on the frozen lake.
|3 Meals including Tokachi local speciality lunch and Showa style Kaiseki Banquet Dinner
||Hotel Fusui Lake
||Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen → 2.5hrs (104mi) New Chitose Airport (CTS)|
*Please arrange your flight to depart from CTS after 2:00pm.
Island of Hokkaido
FEB 7~15 // FEB 11~19
- 2 nights stay in Sapporo (Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel)
- 1 night stay in Sounkyo (Hotel Taisetsu)
- 1 night stay in Lake Abashiri ( Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort)
- 1 night stay in Shiretoko Onsen (Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel)
- 1 night stay in Kawayu Onsen (Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura)
- 1 night stay in Lake Akan (Lake Akan Tsuruga Resort)
- 1 night stay in Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen (Hotel Fusui Lake Shikaribetsu)
- 23 meals (8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners)
- English-speaking guide service.
- A comprehensive travel insurance plan.
- High quality headsets provided to hear our tour guide's presentation clearly.
- Air transportation. Please ask your agent for the arrangement.
- Meals unless specified in an itinerary or notified by your agent.
- Optional Tours unless specified in an itinerary or notified by your agent.
- Personal expenses.
||1 Person: CAD 4899 // Single Room Charge: CAD $2300
|| -2 Night stay in Sapporo (Sapporo Grand, Okura Hotel, Prince Hotel, or Sapporo Park Hotel)
-1 Night stay in Sounkyo (Hotel Taisetsu)
- 1 Night stay in Lake Abashiri (Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort)
-1 Night stay in Shiretoko Onsen (Shiretoko Grand Hotel-Kita Kobushi or Shiretoko Daiichi Hotel)
-1 Night stay in Kawayu Onsen (Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura)
-1 Night stay in Lake Akan (Lake Akan Tsuruga Resort)
-1 Night stay in Lake Shikaribetsu Onsen (Hotel Fusui Lake Shikaribetsu)
|No. of Days
||Breakfast: 8; Lunch: 7; Dinner: 8;
||Minimum no. of Participants
|500 days before departure date
49 days before departure date
|CAD376 Per Person
|48 Days before departure date -19days before departure date
||50% of total price
|18 Days before departure date
||100% of total price
- Prices are based on double occupancy per person rate.
- Room upgrades available featuring unique in-room private onsen. Limited to 2 rooms. (Four night upgrade: $1350. Contact us for availability).
Sounkyo: Hotel Taisetsu - Yukihana Room (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Lake Abashiri: Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort - Konoza Japanese and western-style room (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Lake Akan: Lake Akan Turuga Besso Hinanoza - Umi no Za Suite (private outdoor onsen w/view)
Kawayu: Kawayu Daiichi Suikazura - Lake View Room (no private onsen)
- Luggage shipment: On this tour, porterage service is only provided at Lake Abashiri Tsuruga Resort, Shiretoko Grand Hotel, and Kushiro ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- If your flight arrives after 6:00pm on the 1st Day, we will refund 3,000 JPY per person (adult or child) to cover the cost of dinner. Please arrange to have dinner on your own.
- Icebreaker Cruise--Weather may affect departure availability, itinerary is subject to change. Refund will be provided if we are unable to sail.
- Shiretoko Drift Ice Walk (fee not included): Change into a wet suit and have an once in a lifetime intimate experience on drift ice. Adult (ages 12 and over): 5100JPY/person; Chiledren (ages 12 and under): 2600JPY/person (Height: between 4.2ft-6.2ft, Weight: less than 242.5lb).Total activity time including changing and traveling: 90-120mins; actual experience time: 40-50mins depending on weather conditions.
- We guarantee departure days. However, should the total number of tour members fall below 10 persons, we reserves the right to change or cancel the tour.
- Please ask your agent for more information or details.
- Prices and availability are subject to change.